Thursday, July 17, 2014

Choose Your Own Adeventure!

I hope you all enjoyed a nice summer break.  It's always hard coming back to school after break. Don't get me wrong, I love teaching and being surrounded by all the crazy, creative energy that is all of you. That being said, it's still hard to get back into the grind. So for our first blog post, I'll go easy on you.

This week we started our study of the Constitution and the freedoms that make us uniquely American. You can order your own free copy of the United States Constitution from: http://www.constitutionfacts.com/index.cfm?section=bookstore&page=freeCopy.cfm

A good portion of this class will be spent discussing current events and political issues that affect our everyday lives. For this post, I would like you to tell me at least one issue that you are interested in studying. To help you out, you can look over the blog posts that we've had in the past several years to get an idea of the type of things we've covered. Many of the topics are pretty controversial and I do my best to not censor the information available to you.

So my question to you this week is, "What is one issue that you are interested in studying in this class?" Answers are due no later than Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014. I'm looking forward to a great quarter!

12 comments:

  1. I would like to discuss the current war going on. Are we over there because of power, or is it simply greed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to discuss the new national healthcare aka Obamacare. More specifically what is required and how it will affect the American people and the economy. I believe that most people are unaware of how this will affect them directly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to learn more about and discuss Global Warming, and how we are working on cleaning up the air and finding cleaner uses of fuel like Tesla Motors with their completely electric cars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to learn and discuss more about our Health Care system and what it's going to affect us. As well as the issue we have with Human Trafficking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the many topics that I would like to discuss in this class would be how badly America’s prison systems are broken. Specifically, how the prison systems are ran more like a business rather than a correctional facility. Also, how racial profiling is a means of ensuring that conglomerates like Geo Group remain active.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to learn more about the wars that are going on. How and why they started, how we could did something different to prevent the wars. I would also like to learn more about gay marriage and why it is so hard for them to get married and why they don't have some of the rights that we have. I mean they are people too right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I mainly would like to know how messed up our government has become and about how sensitive everyone is becoming about every little thing now. Its like there's always one person that's offended by something and because of that we cant do this because it offends people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to learn and discuss the Border Crisis between Central America and Mexico? Why is the violence forcing young children to flee to the US border from Central America?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to talk about why we have a president when he doesn't have total control.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to discuss the death penalty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanna know about china. And if all the movies are just hyping up a nonexistant situation like usual.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to talk about human rights. (i.e. Gay rights) It's a huge deal these days in the media, but it doesn't seem like much is being done to actually change things.

    ReplyDelete