Friday, March 30, 2012

Choose Your Own Adventure

This week we started our study of the Constitution and the freedoms that make us uniquely American. You can order your own free copy of the United States Constitution from: http://www.constitutionfacts.com/index.cfm?section=bookstore&page=freeCopy.cfm

Normally, our first blog post has something to do with the freedoms you value most and whether or not you are proud to call yourself an American. This quarter, I would like to start with something different. A good portion of this class will be spent discussing current events and political issues that affect our everyday lives. For this post, I would like you to tell me at least one issue that you are interested in studying. To help you out, you can look over the blog posts that we've had in the past several years to get an idea of the type of things we've covered. Many of the topics are pretty controversial and I do my best to not censor the information available to you.

So my question to you this week is, "What is one issue that you are interested in studying in this class?" Answers are due no later than Wednesday, April 11th, 2012. I hope all of you had a wonderful Spring Break!  For those of you who celebrate - Happy Easter! 

13 comments:

  1. I would like to see how we can educate others on why China's economy is so great other then then fact that everyone exports from there but how thier government benefits for every business. I have learned that people truly do not know the truth about China's government involvement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really like to talk about the history of America and what has made us the country that we are today in current times and how those well known or not very well known events effect us today as a country and where we are headed as a country for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would just like to find out more about politics and how it runs. I have never really been interested in it and that's probably because I don't know how it works. I have taken history classes before but it has been a while so I could just really use a refresher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I consider myself a third wave feminist. Gender stereotypes/identities, human rights, and the affect of media and society is what I'm mainly interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to take some time to study What exactly the differences between a democrat and a republican are. I know that sounds like a question I should know the answer to, I just get so confused with all the logistics of politics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to learn more about how our government is “supposed” to regulate and monitor large corporations. But instead they seem to let them run amuck and then when something happens they barely punish them. I feel like our government is being regulated by the corporations not the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to learn basic info on politics. I would like to be able to have an informed conversation about how politics work. I really am interested in politics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to discuss some of the important topics that are being brought up about the next presidential election. I have never voted and i would like to vote in the next election but I want to understand a little more about the political parties.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to learn how the whole system works. Possibly i would start voting if i understood the system

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like to learn about war. It could be any war, it doesn't really matter. International conflicts like war are a deeply fascinating topic to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd want to learn why the government is allowing so many illegal immigrants into the country. Also, why is the education system so messed up. Also, I would like to know why so many people are not only on, but abusing welfare and social security.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to learn about the corruption within our governent system. Including our economics. I have a hard time understanding why our poverty is a prevalent issue in this country.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd like to learn about...all these political issues like abortion, gay marriage, and censorship, etc. such and understand why is it an issues, breaking each issue down to why it is such an issue to the public to begin with

    ReplyDelete